Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The distance we go

The sheer sound of jubilation filled my soul as I got up from the sofa and did my own little anfield parade in the comfort of my own living hall.

Well, now the cheer and smiles have definitely calmed down, I am currently bemused by my lack of charity or compassion.
I am afterall human and cannot conform to the needs of everyone, however, that is very much just an excuse.

Hence, my backbone cringes as I try to find a way to be a better person. Sure its easy, picking out 5 faults about myself and changing them. But what we want is long term, not a short term resolution. How then do you make something smother and grow into your blood to become instinct and virtue?

With every stencil that paints a picture in my isolated mind, I somehow find an emptiness which lingers in each and everyone of us. When then will each of us find that small measure of peace that we all deserve?

Have you ever felt those so ever fulfilling days where you just look back and say, "this was a good day". why cant everyday be as acomplished as them. Why cant we drive ourselves to achieve such days? Why do we as humans, allow things to just "flow". We then inherit the saying "come what may".

If our lives are made up by the decisions we choose/make and not by destinty and fate, how then do we go on the outlook for that small measure of poeace we all so rightfully deserve before we pass on?

I did a short reflection to my class on a miracle Jesus did during his time. He basically healed a blind man, and from that passage, a phrase hit me. "I want to see again".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home