spirituality
For the past two days, Ive been making sure I read finish the new book I embarked on by this week.
Reason being, I want to read it before catching the movie, and I have to catch the movie before i go off.
So on the first night I read the first two chapters. I started getting intrigued even in the first chapter and the flow just kept going. Today is the third day, and Im about 5 chapters away from finishing this astonishing story.
Yes, its none other than "memoirs of a geisha". Fater this book, I'm not sure what Ill embark on, but hopefully, itl be something that is as spiritual.
It keeps the soul at ease and keeps the mind thinking.
I realise the Japanese custom is such that everything has to be done with such perfection, such that a single speck of dust at a blind corner could cause one to move down the ranking table.
Just as I felt spiritual, I needed something to ease the fact that I was so absorbed by Geisha lifestyle. However, I needed to keep the Japanese spirit alive in me.
At an instant, I took out Last Samurai. It amazes me how at that time, the Americans and Japanese cold basically fight and kill theyre own people.
I guess the most touching bit was to find an American appreciating the way of Samurai instead of the rest of the Japanese population.
Sometimes we try to find the peace that somehow some will never find in a lifetime. That element of risk is obviously there; to be different. But to sacrifice peace and carry on this hectic lifestyle where you hardly get to concentrate on what your doing, because you have to think of the future?
Reason being, I want to read it before catching the movie, and I have to catch the movie before i go off.
So on the first night I read the first two chapters. I started getting intrigued even in the first chapter and the flow just kept going. Today is the third day, and Im about 5 chapters away from finishing this astonishing story.
Yes, its none other than "memoirs of a geisha". Fater this book, I'm not sure what Ill embark on, but hopefully, itl be something that is as spiritual.
It keeps the soul at ease and keeps the mind thinking.
I realise the Japanese custom is such that everything has to be done with such perfection, such that a single speck of dust at a blind corner could cause one to move down the ranking table.
Just as I felt spiritual, I needed something to ease the fact that I was so absorbed by Geisha lifestyle. However, I needed to keep the Japanese spirit alive in me.
At an instant, I took out Last Samurai. It amazes me how at that time, the Americans and Japanese cold basically fight and kill theyre own people.
I guess the most touching bit was to find an American appreciating the way of Samurai instead of the rest of the Japanese population.
Sometimes we try to find the peace that somehow some will never find in a lifetime. That element of risk is obviously there; to be different. But to sacrifice peace and carry on this hectic lifestyle where you hardly get to concentrate on what your doing, because you have to think of the future?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home