Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Old Cat

The Old Cat

I met the Old Cat today. It sat by the old bridge. I looked at it, and it looked back. That same old fat cat.

Somehow, looking at it made me happy.

My day was sadly shaken by the liverpool vs man u lost. I was pretty quiet and lethargic throughout the whole bus ride back with Janna. The night was then flooded by thoughts of how Liverpool's reign ahead of Man U in terms of 1-1 matches had dropped under Benitez. Having two Indian guys in front of me talking about soccer only gave me more reason to think of how I've been faithful to this wonderful club since Pri 1. How despote the likes of Nicholas Anelka, I chose Michael Owen ahead of him. In my eyes, even when Steven Gerard was a rookie, he was always better than Roy Keane, or Patrick Viera.

I received a message from Owen. "0-1!". I thought Liverpool had won. I ran around City Link like a nut. I jumped onto a bench and raised my hands in jubilation. My heart pounded like I was once again a small kid rooting for his Dad's favourite club. Ironically, this wasnt my Dad's favourite club; he was always in for Man U. I then decided to confirm my much deliberated victory run by messaging Owen - "liverpool?". He replied - "we lost! hah"

My mind froze, and I felt humiliated. The victory lap over nothing. Over a misguided false hope. My heart plunged with the news. The lost was then confirmed with a call to Lester. I could only stand thinking of the last time we celebrated a sweet victory over the Jubilant Red Devils.

I guess now I recap and ponder at the way my emotions fluctuated. It took a cat to make me smile again. It took a cat to make me realise why I love Liverpool. It took the OLD cat to remind me its not just about the present.

------------------------------------------------

On a different note, preparing for cathechism class has been very much enriching as well. For one, I find myself happy and glad that I was able to convey what I intended to, to the class. In total truth, I learnt alot preparing for lesson. I must say, I didnt just prepare for lesson during that one hour where I sat myself down to think of what to do. Lesson plan actually started on Tuesday. Talking to Janna and Dern had somehow very much prepared me for the lesson plan.

This week was definitely not a usual week. Reason being, it was filled with alot of pondering and thinking and at certain times, some form of self denial to myself. However, I looked alot at the past, and now the present. DIFFERENT! very different indeed. My perception of myself, my perception of others, my perception on things. Everything is different. Life in many ways is much more fruitful and much more blessed with each day that I live. It is with each day that i learn something new about my thoughts, about my feelings, about who I am. I have to be especially thankful to the people around me all this while - Janna, Deb, Angie, Dern, Sarah, Peter. Although sometimes I am just listening to you guys, but as I listen I learn too.

Janna - If youre reading this entry, Im sorry I wasnt really paying attention to what you were talking about in the bus.

------------------------------------------------

And apart from all that, I was really glad i had a one on one with lil sis!
Just seeing you alright makes me happy

I guess thats all for today my friends.

And to Jie - Im sorry I havent called, Ill call soon. I didnt realise it was you who was on the phone that morning. Im sorry. Love you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home