Expectations
We dont use the word daily, neither do we really see ourselves living up to our own ones everyday.
We; however, cant deny we live in a world of expectations.
Be it from friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, parents, siblings, whoever. If we are not labeled with an expectation, we're putting an expectation onto someone out there.
I've got my fair share of expectations that I didnt reach when I was younger.
Like Chinese for example.
Since primary 1, I had been doing well in it until secondary school. It slumped badly. I clearly didn't live up to my relatives expectations.
Deeper examples would include, not being the perfect son, friend or even, boyfriend for that matter.
Within all these expectations however, I find that the biggest crime we all find ourselves caught in, would be if we don't even try to reach these expectations.
For my own resolution or epiphany, I find that expectation is only a label, a brand. It does'nt matter what people want you to be, or expect you to achieve, what;s most important is yourself, do you think you've done your best?
I don't have the most exemplary lifestyle, but at least when I pass on, I hope I'll be able to say, I tried and did my best.
We; however, cant deny we live in a world of expectations.
Be it from friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, parents, siblings, whoever. If we are not labeled with an expectation, we're putting an expectation onto someone out there.
I've got my fair share of expectations that I didnt reach when I was younger.
Like Chinese for example.
Since primary 1, I had been doing well in it until secondary school. It slumped badly. I clearly didn't live up to my relatives expectations.
Deeper examples would include, not being the perfect son, friend or even, boyfriend for that matter.
Within all these expectations however, I find that the biggest crime we all find ourselves caught in, would be if we don't even try to reach these expectations.
For my own resolution or epiphany, I find that expectation is only a label, a brand. It does'nt matter what people want you to be, or expect you to achieve, what;s most important is yourself, do you think you've done your best?
I don't have the most exemplary lifestyle, but at least when I pass on, I hope I'll be able to say, I tried and did my best.

1 Comments:
OMG LUCAS, YOU BLOG? Hahahaha. Hello!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home